IO1 Research analysis on Understanding “Tourism consumer behaviour experience – driven by Mobile ICT on Social Media”
The goal is each partner analyses the content on a series of social media channels and networks to understand tourism service behavior in both ways: consumer behavior and in particular service provider behavior which is directly connected to education.
For the purpose of this Report satisfaction/unsatisfaction and emotional experience are viewed as a central consumer behavior construct because the extent to which consumers are satisfied influences future organizational performance in the form of, for example, profits, market image, market share, skills, educational competences affecting HE and VET on tourism.
By researching satisfaction and its mechanisms, partners obtain valuable information to be used to design the educational innovation in the TOURBAN project.
There are dominant networks on the market that enable to make the research from three main points of views:
Network point of view:
1.Selecting several networks where satisfaction is expressed in text format e.g. http://booking.com, or tripadvisor.com among others.
2.Social Media channels such as Youtube, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook that provides the Media vision of the satisfaction of the service.
3.Research on Mobile Apps providing services at local level custom or open made found in Apple /Android markets.
The tasks leading the production of IO1 are:
1.Research and analyze the satisfaction factor on booking.com
2.Research and analyze the comments on tripadvisor.com
3.Research on other communities of users available at local level and services
4.Research content on the following social networks Youtube, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest analysis deeply the media data, from the point of view of the message given based on profile user.
5.Extract metadata of the media uploaded to the social media (hashtag definition # on videos, photos, tweets).
The intellectual Output IO1 is structured as follow:
- IO1 Turkish Research Analysis
- IO1 Romanian Research Analysis
- IO1 Italian Research Analysis
- IO1 Dutch Research Analysis
- Consolidated report on consumer behavior
- Matrix of metadata #hashtag used in social media channels by the visitor and tourism stakeholder map
- Swot analysis on local tourism services to identify strength points across partners
- Apps catalogue of services available for the visitors
IO2 Training Program on Social Media and Their Impact on the Educational Process. Anlaysis and Selection of Web 2.0 Tools to Develop New Services
Intellectual Output IO2 develops a special tailor made social media training program. The goal is to learn how to use social media in education and how to apply this to tourism. Key data for the training program development comes from IO1 research to choose the social media tools. That is the connecting point between Intellectual Output 1 and this Intellectual Output.
The training program is designed to answer from a social media point of view;
- What would be the role of all actors (education, tourism services of all kind)
involved in tourism in the next decade.
- How social media is impacting their daily work connected to experiences and emotions of the services.
- What kind of new services could be accessed using Mobile devices that can enhance the experience of the services.
- How they think they can change the way of learning and doing business.
- How educational need should be included in specific evolving soft skills connected to mobile social media.
- How to understand metrics on social media channels to extract value information.
The intellectual Output IO2 is structured as follow:
1.A 32 pages document named IO2 Training Program addressing:
- Understanding Social Media Impact
- Understanding the tourist consumption model
- The training program by day
3.The KA1 FORM (2017 version) in Turkish and English